Monday, March 15, 2010

Memory Tree

One of the most loving and beautiful remembrances of my mom, has been a gift from my dear friend and neighbor Gayle. She gave me this Tulip Tree and said to plant it as a memory tree, in honor of Mom. As you can imagine, oftentimes when I see it there by our front door I get a bit misty eyed, and sometimes when I am gardening I shed a few tears. I miss my mother SOOOO much. She is Safely Home, but that does not take away my longing to visit with her. Her memory is sweet. As Anna commented the other evening, "Gramma's voice was always like a song in my ears." Thank you Gayle for this loving remembrance.
After the Rain, it looks like a tear is hanging on the bottom of a blossom, just like the tears that well at the bottom of my eyes.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

darcie said...

lovely photos, Jane, and a dear sentiment about your Mother-I suppose when we long for our loved ones, then it's God's opportunity that we might long with greater affection for our beautiful Saviour, to remember the amazing truth of the gospel
blessings