"Beyond all these things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful." Colossians 3:14-15
Thursday, July 08, 2010
joy in beauty and hard work
Just enjoying our garden: Here are agapanthas from baby tubers that I dug up in Mom's back yard MANY years ago--a nice reminder of her! She had hoped we could use agapanthas at our wedding in August 1983 but it was not exactly the right timing. They are so pretty though.
I forgot who gave me this rose bush--is it yours, Lizzie? It is in front of the girls' bedroom and gives the most lovely little blooms. God is so good! Maybe there are roses in Heaven!
Can anyone tell what Anna did? Thank you ANNA! We love the garage you gave us! Enjoy it, Sweetie!
Wow, this is what happens when my hero thins the apricot tree! He was not surprised at the size of these humongous apricots, but I was startled! And, they are sooo sweet! I wish I could share this fresh-picked goodness with everyone. Here I am holding one of the apricots over the kitchen floor where there is a bunch of fresh-picked squash in the background. Bounty!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
yay! the garage looks great!
that's one of my Queen Elizabeth roses, I think.
I'm thinking about God's creation that starts with "A". . .Agapanthas and Apricots-both California favorites that don't grow well in Texas!
summer blessings
Post a Comment