Thursday, November 10, 2011

Special call


This evening I read to Ben (from Judges, about Gideon), prayed with him and Julia and then as they went off to their beds, I cuddled up in the recliner and dozed.  “Turn out the light, please,” I called after Julia.  Dear Tim is away in Greensboro, North Carolina, three hours ahead, so I did not expect a late night call (we had spoken earlier in the evening).   So, I was surprised when Tim’s special ring came jingling on my cell phone in the kitchen, awakening me from a deep sleep at 9:45 P.M., and I thought as I missed the call, “It’s 12:45 A.M. there!  Wonder why he is calling so late?”  I dialed him right back—no answer so I assumed he was trying me again and leaving a message.  So I waited, and sure enough he called again.  “Did you call me?” “No”, he replied—“I did not call you…” “But your ring came on my cell phone…”  He checked his call log, and amazingly, his phone HAD dialed me while it was sitting all by itself on the desk, and he was not even in the same room with it, but was in the bathroom!  Now, how could THAT have happened?  We think God made the phone ring so we could talk.   I needed to hear my husband’s kind voice late at night.  “What are you doing on Sunday afternoon?” he asked.  “Why?  What do you have in mind?”  “Oh, I was just wondering if you’d like to take a drive with me, to visit your mother’s grave.”  Oh—I had almost forgotten.  November 13th.  He had remembered.  Tears started welling up in my eyes—“Yes, I’d like that.” 

Thank You, Lord, for making the phone ring.  Thank You for my precious husband.  We love you God. 

1 comment:

darcie said...

thanks for sharing this Jane-very sweet; God is good. last Wednesday was the 1 year anniversary of my mom going to heaven (Mercy's birthday too!) I'm going to write a post of remembering. . .